Total Back Support + Knit Comfort
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. Integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design. The addition of a lofted-knit back offers even more luxury with a plush, breathable extra layer of comfort, as well as greater dimension and an elevated, customized look.
Please note: This model does not include a lumbar adjustment or forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Breathable, high-performing, and high-style knit back
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in plush honeycomb-pattern digital knit
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Polished aluminum base with hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Nice chair. Good looking, very comfortable. The bottom was harder than I thought, someone said you won’t feel your butt but I still do. A week later, I got more used to the chair and feel more comfortable than day 1. The support in the back is not included, I’m not sure where to buy it but I managed to stuff a small pillow to the back and it works well.
The price is good compared to a Herman miller.
Would be even better if we have the option of headrest and lumbar support.
Great chair overall tho.
Hello Dongshu, Thank-you for the review! We only list the products that are currently in our warehouse, to ensure that we are able to ship in 3 days. Our Customer Orders Specialist is able to order everything Haworth offers. Custom orders have an average lead time of 5 weeks.
Very comfortable from the moment I first sat down in it (I could feel my back say "ahhh") and from there I was able to adjust it just the way I wanted it. On top of that, the chair looks great in my office!
Shipping was prompt and since it was already assembled in the box, it was easy to set up.
All my ergonomic needs are met with the Fern. Amazing back rest with enough recline features to provide me freedom to move and stretch my back. Seat cushion does not bottom out and is wide enough to provide ample support. Extra seat extension give need support for longer legs. Material and fabrics are soft to the touch.
After years of working from home (nearly a decade) I decided to upgrade my chair. I read what seemed like hundreds of reviews and watched numerous videos (shoutout to Marshall Fox) on different office chairs and finally decided to purchase the Haworth Fern. At the end of the day the Steelcase and Herman Milliar options did not match the overall comfort level I experienced with the Fern. Purchase this office chair and you will not be disappointed.
Thanks for the wonderful review!