Total Back Support + Knit Comfort
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. Integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design. The addition of a lofted-knit back offers even more luxury with a plush, breathable extra layer of comfort, as well as greater dimension and an elevated, customized look.
Please note: This model does not include a lumbar adjustment or forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Breathable, high-performing, and high-style knit back
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in plush honeycomb-pattern digital knit
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Polished aluminum base with hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Fern Digital Knit Office Chair
I upgraded from an old Ikea Markus and my back is loving this new chair. I find that the shape encourages me to sit properly because it feels so good when I do.
I'm happy I got the knit version; it looks nice and has a little bit of thickness to it. If you are small enough and have claws, you can climb straight up the back which is great fun, and you will not want to stop even after being told to many times.
The arms can sometimes get pushed out of position when you don't want them to, for example if you are perched on one and jump off to attack a bug. It would be nice to have a little more resistance there or some kind of lock. I haven't found much use for the twisting, but the forward and back sliding is handy for getting up close to the desk.
The wool seat felt a little itchy at first, but after just a few days of use it seemed to have mellowed out and I don't mind it at all. The firmness is just right for working all day or curling into a ball.
Thanks for your review, We appreciate it !
Tried this at a dealer location, absolutely insane comfort. Back takes a bit to break in, but its no enforcer like the embody is. It has the flexibility of the cosm, without the rough hard edges of the aeron.
I've owned all four of these chairs and would choose the fern over all of them. Though I do prefer far more flexibility in my chair, so your mileage may vary.
Thanks for your review
Nice chair. Good looking, very comfortable. The bottom was harder than I thought, someone said you won’t feel your butt but I still do. A week later, I got more used to the chair and feel more comfortable than day 1. The support in the back is not included, I’m not sure where to buy it but I managed to stuff a small pillow to the back and it works well.
The price is good compared to a Herman miller.
Would be even better if we have the option of headrest and lumbar support.
Great chair overall tho.
Hello Dongshu, Thank-you for the review! We only list the products that are currently in our warehouse, to ensure that we are able to ship in 3 days. Our Customer Orders Specialist is able to order everything Haworth offers. Custom orders have an average lead time of 5 weeks.