Total Back Support + Knit Comfort
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. Integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design. The addition of a lofted-knit back offers even more luxury with a plush, breathable extra layer of comfort, as well as greater dimension and an elevated, customized look.
Please note: This model does not include a lumbar adjustment or forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Breathable, high-performing, and high-style knit back
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in plush honeycomb-pattern digital knit
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Polished aluminum base with hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Fern Digital Knit Office Chair
I had the chair delivered after +3 weeks of ordering.
I was skeptical about not having the lumbar support BUT I didn't need it.
My posture was adjusted the moment I sat on the chair.
The chair is worth the wait and money.
the only con is the quality assurance and finishing.
Found fingerprints all over the base of the chair but was easy to clean.
sadly, the chair left arm lever was broken and missing from the shipping box.
I'm sorry to hear your Fern arm adjustment tab was broken during shipment. Please be sure to contact our customer service at email@example.com and they will send you a new set of arm inserts. These are very easy to swap out.
Such a comfortable chair it really feels like I’m sitting on a high quality hammock! I’m a really big heavy guy and most chairs give me lower pain but this one has been great in supporting me! Their service does need a lot of work though
Very nice chair
I sold my Herman Miller Embody after I struggled to get comfortable in that chair, not to mention I could feel the seat base while sitting in the Embody and the backrest never felt right even while being patient over months and constant adjustments. The Haworth Fern in my opinion is the perfect balance of a great quality lounge / productivity chair. I have zero complaints other than the arm rests are a bit a loose and easily move while getting out of the chair. The Haworth Fern cradles you and has enough adjustments and flexibility that even the pickiest of buyers can find a setting that works well for them.
My chair was the quick ship baltic blue in the digital knit fabric.
I'am going to purchase another one for a family member, if your hesitant don't be this was worth every single penny for me.