Total Back Support
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. Integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design.
Please note: This model does not include a lumbar adjustment or forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
Support your neck and shoulders with arms that adjust up/down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in a lofted mesh
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I've looked all over for a fashionable AND comfortable chair and found it in the Fern. It is very supportive to the back and comfortable while looking good in the room.
Hi Colette! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new Fern chair!
Let me start by saying that I absolutely love this chair. I am a software engineer and work remotely and sit in this chair for hours a day. I have a history of lower back pain and needed a chair that fits my body well. Initially I ordered a Steelcase Leap chair, however, that chair gave me really bad tailbone pain. I decided to return the Leap and give the Fern a try.
At first I was surprised by the firmness of the seat but my tailbone pain completely disappeared after just a few days. I actually like the adjustments on the Fern a lot more than what the Leap had to offer and a big benefit for me is the backrest of the chair. It feels like there are close to no pressure points compared to the Leap which did not work very well for my body type. I also really like the fact I can rock in this chair a lot better than in the Leap, it seems like the rocking motion is a lot smoother.
I am also really impressed by the overall built-quality, the fact that it's made in the USA and the amazing range of motion of the adjustable armrests.
Overall I can highly recommend purchasing this chair!
We are very happy to hear how much you love your new Fern chair and all its adjustments and that your back pain has disappeared! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
I bought this chair for my daughter for her B'day. She is a professional counselor and spends long hours behind a desk and computer with her clients. Spinal and back issues are predominant. Three weeks have passed and so far she's very delighted with the chair. She fell in love with the chair as I did when I 1st saw it. The design is smart and totally ergonomic. Salesman was very cordial and easy to chat with and understood my needs for my daughter. My son-in-law informed me, upon the chair's arrival, how neat and awesome the box was structured protecting the chair for shipping. State of the art. Also, a big plus: the chair came totally assembled and has a 12 yr warranty. Extremely satisfied. Would definitely recommend this chair to anyone.
Thank you for the positive review! We are thrilled to hear about your experience!
I am so happy with my Fern chair. I love that it has total back support and doesn't just focus on one area of my back. It's integrated so I get complete support and it looks great aesthetically. I could not ask for a better chair! Highly recommend.
Had to return my office chair and buy my own. Excellent fit and great if you have long legs.