Total Back Support
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. Integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design.
Please note: This model does not include a lumbar adjustment or forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
Support your neck and shoulders with arms that adjust up/down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in a lofted mesh
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Fern Office Chair
Without question, the best office chair that I have ever sat in. I am 6'4 and 230 lbs. This chair offers great adjustments for a world class experience. I have used this for traditional office work, as well as gaming. I would recommend for both. The chair offers great hip room as well. The $1000 advertised price is for the absolute basics. I paid $2000 for my chair after assembling the features. Happy that I did. Enjoy!
Thank you Nick for your review and we are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your new Fern with both work and gaming. Appreciate your feedback!
Admittedly I have never spent this kind of money on an office chair, nor have I sat in one this expensive. After several days with the chair, I am very glad I purchased a fern.
The seat is firm but comfortable. My model does not have the lumbar support, but for my back this is fine. I find the back design extremely comfortable. I love being able to move and stretch while the chair conforms to my back. Thank you Haworth!
Thank you for your feedback Nicholas! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your new Fern!
So comfy. My back feels so supported and posture is already feeling better. Loved that it was all assembled when it arrived. Made life so easy. Loved this chair so much I ordered another one for my husband.
Thank you for your feedback Milena! We are so glad to hear your family is loving the Fern!
My back tends to sweat when resting firmly against those other simulated leather office chairs. This chair offers outstanding air circulation to prevent sweaty backs. Build quality is outstanding. Highly recommend.